RE: [DNS] .id.au domain names

From: <magic2147§optushome.com.au>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 10:08:10 +1000
On 8 Jun 2004 at 9:34, Adrian Kinderis wrote:

> Actually AusRegistry registered a heap of names, quite legitimately, at
> "go live" for its staff and associates. sinclair.id.au was one of these
> names. Namescout was our Registrar of choice then, and they mistakenly
> entered our information.

1) What was the point of this pre-emptive registration?
2) Why wasn't the mistake rectified at the time it was discovered?
3) Given the monopoly position that Ausregistry occupies why didn't you use all the
registrars rather than the one overseas domiciled one?
4) Namescout makes it very hard for registrants to transfer domains to another
registrar.This and  inertia would give the "Registrar of choice" a free kick.
4) Was there a valuable consideration paid for the registration of these domains? If
so did Ausregistry pay GST on these transactions?

cb