Name History ...

From: Tony Owen <tony§seol.net.au>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 21:07:49 +1030
Hi Guys,

Maybe someone on the list can help me with this ...

I recently registered 'browsing.com.au' and was pretty happy to get the
domain, and have just started developing a site for the it. Today I received
an email from a guy telling me that he had the name for 7 years ( I didnt
think you could get a generic that long ago) and someone had forgotten to
re-reg it.

He has asked that I return the name to him, which I will consider if a) it
is ok by AUDA to do so and b) I can substantiate he is being honest about
the situation.

I checked waybackmachine.org and couldnt find a previous website on the
www.browsing.com.au and the whois only lists me with a "never updated" ... I
assume that previous details would be wiped when a name drops ..

Any ideas ont he situation?

Cheers Tony