Re: [DNS] Marketing 101

From: Tony Owen <tony§seol.net.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:34:08 +1030
>I think its quite obivous in this case that Telstra had to do some form of
> redirection. The amount of 10-14 year old girls that watch the show would
> be
> quite startled and go crying to their parents when they see the content, I
> don't think telstra have done anything wrong and if I was in their
> position

Two wrongs dont make a right ...

Telstra should have opened their cheque book and offered a huge amount of
money for the domain name, that would have been the appropriate action. The
transfer could have taken place in a few minutes.

A half arsed attempt to rectify the problem, that only reflects badly on the
Australian internet community was not the direction to take.

What about my users who clicked on the wrong URL ... as far as my customers
are concerned Telstra dont give a didly squat.

The could have paid the owners of the site some money to fix their mistake
across the board.

Cheers Tony