Re: [DNS] Searcher twists name rules

From: Tony Owen <tony§seol.net.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 22:41:06 +1030
> Unfortunately to challenge the name requires the fee of $1500 +, big
> business once again has the advantage.

By having a "loose" system, the controlling body shouldnt be able to charge
a fee for an initial challenge, after all they are saving money by not have
strict controls in place at registration.

In most cases I doubt that the initial challenge would be answered, and the
name could be deregistered ... of course you are going to have abuse of any
system, but it is obvious that current system isnt perfect.

Cheers Tony