Re: [DNS] Why have a policy?

From: Bill <ansearchwatch§yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:12:14 +0100 (BST)
Kim

> It would be nice to get some hard data on things
> like number of
> complaints, how they are handled, methods of
> resolution etc. to make
> an informed evaluation of the current system.
> Something like a case
> database, as you can do with UDRP requests, would
> provide relevant
> history to both determine the future course of
> policy, and find relevant
> precedent on how policy is being interpreted.

I agree some degree of transparency would indeed be
helpful. From my point of view it seems that auda is
driven by the registrars, who's main objective is to
sell as many domains as possible. It seems even they
are not sure how to interpret policy which generally
means leaning towards a sale.

> I would say throwing out unqualified remarks like
> that only serves to undermine whatever you're
saying.

Yes I apologise

Bill