RE: [DNS] FW: [DNS] Whois & Spam

From: Graham Miller <graham§webs.net.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:44:34 +1000
Bill Rogers wrote on Thursday, July 21, 2005 12:22 PM:

> But I am getting p***ed off at having myself and staff
> see things like  "Has your ** ever dribbled and you
> wish it had shot out" every day. And I do have anti
> spam systems in place but a start to the solution
> would be people like you accepting that there is a
> problem and addressing it.

Are you sure that they have harvested your email address through the
registry? Spammers use dictionary attacks and joe-jobs on mailservers these
days and could easily have found your address that way. All your mailserver
had to do was accept the email as they scanned addresses.

I am not necessarily disagreeing with your opinion on protection of email
addresses... just reminding you that there are other means of harvesting
your email address.

regards
Graham