Re: [DNS] Re: Whois & Spam

From: Michael Purse <pursey§gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:08:02 +1000
Forwarded on behalf of Garth Miller:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Garth Miller <garth.miller&#167;nic.cx>
Date: Jul 21, 2005 7:34 PM
Subject: Re: [DNS] Re: Whois & Spam
To: Michael Purse <pursey&#167;gmail.com>

Michael,

Not sure how to post to the list, I am not auDA member but note that the au
registry tender is coming up. It might be worth suggesting that the tender
include provisions for a registrant configurable who-is.

Under such a system the registrant determines what information is visible.
(some basic info is always displayed - date of registration, expiration,
name servers) If they want more info then they fill in a form.

The information could be configured for web-based or port 43 query. Is not
very tricky to implement and would allow technical basis to be in place for
any future who-is policy recommendations.

Is working on the Christmas and Norfolk Islands Who-is,

http://www.nic.cx/whois.jsp - lookup NIC.cx / dot.cx / a.cx to see the
different results possible.

Cheers

Garth Miller