[DNS] Time for the rules to change regarding transferring domainname licences

From: Jon Lawrence <jon§jonlawrence.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:20:08 +0100
That's a fair question Kim, but it misses the point that there already is
(and to some extent always has been) a secondary market for .au domain names.

Now that auDA has (finally) caught up with reality and released the remaining
generic and geographic names that weren't registered when Mr Elz was away
on holiday back in the mid 90's, it would seem a good time to remove another
artificial (and ineffective) restriction on the development of the .au domain
name industry.

Perhaps while we're doing that we could also finally dispense with the farcical
allocation rules (exact match, derived or "otherwise closely and substantially
connected to the registrant") that serve only to artifically inflate the
revenue of ASIC and the state business registration authorities.

Jon