[DNS] Time for the rules to change regarding transferring domainname licences

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 20:05:42 +0800
Quoting Michael Purse on Friday September 23, 2005:
| While I'm not exactly sure whether its a great idea yet (I havent
| decided either way yet, want to do some research) I support a policy
| review, with call for public submissions.

For me, transfers should be as easy as can be. However that needs to
be weighed against potential outcomes that could be against the public
interest.

With regards to a policy review, I guess the question is what of
substance has changed between now and the last policy review in 2003?

Are there new factors that would alter the outcome? Has the market
changed in nature? Are the needs of the market different? Have the
public policy concerns changed? If, on the other hand, the environment
is essentially the same as two years ago, would repeating the exercise
result in a different transfers policy?

Just throwing those questions out there for thought.

kim