[DNS] Time for the rules to changeregardingtransferringdomainname licences

From: Tony Owen <tony§seol.net.au>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 14:31:08 +0930
> The only people I see on this list that are backing this are people who
> stand to profit from an increase in domain sales!

We are in a global marketplace, which is partially driven by the internet.
Having stern controls on domain name registration does not put our .au
domain space on the 'map'

When discussing an online presence with customers, I advocate .com addresses
if they are looking to trade overseas (particularly tourism enterprises)

One way to make .au addresses more recognisable is to open the after market
sales for domain names.

Very few people overseas recognise our flag or our domain space ... put the
boxing kangaroo on the flag would fix the first, waht would fix the latter?

We have a stable government and economy, we should be courting overseas
investment.

Regards, Tony
South East On Line
Support http://www.seol.net.au