[DNS] Time for the rulestochangeregardingtransferringdomainnamelicences

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 01:41:16 +1000
Bruce Tonkin [Bruce.Tonkin&#167;melbourneit.com.au] wrote:

> We are operating in a market economy - I see no reason to treat domain
> names differently to any other item in the market.

I think you hit the nail on the head as to what the real problem here is
with some of our collectivist friends.

the balance of policy should be in favor of markets, despite the
personal biases of some people, and issues that prevent markets
should be addressed in their own right not as an excuse to prevent a
market.

perhaps if this is too hard for people here then it should be refered
back to government. I dare say thats a predictable outcome :)

Vic