[DNS] Time for therulestochangeregardingtransferringdomainnamelicences

From: Dassa <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:34:27 +1000

<SNIP>
|> Lets trial it then.
|>
|> The end of the world didn't happen when we have changed
|> other policies in the past.   These changes have been steadily improving
|> the utility of the .au namespace.

I doubt a trial is practical, once the market is opened up then it would be
extremely hard to close it again.

More discussion and a review of the policy may certainly be in order, beyond
that I don't see any point in rushing into change.

The DNS started out as being free, then there was compromise and commercial
interests were introduced not only into the DNS but also the Internet in
general.  I can't say it has become a better place because of it.  Some think
it has but we can all agree there have been associated issues such as
cybersquatting, spam and litigation.  I would want AuDA to fully consider all
proposed changes before any implementation.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch