[DNS] Time for therulestochangeregardingtransferringdomainnamelicences

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:41:25 +1000 (EST)
On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Dassa wrote:

> [...]

Perhaps that's the idea ..

 > More discussion and a review of the policy may certainly be in order, beyond
 > that I don't see any point in rushing into change.

I agree.  No problems having a formal review, conducted properly in the
usual manner - suspending my usual skepticism re Supply Class outcomes.

Fairly obvious with all the current flurry, there's AuDA board elections
coming up.  Two new Demand Class members, one supply, one Rep.  Assoc.

Hence the push by a few to discredit the Demand Class board members.
Claims that Supply Class members 'represent' their customers is rather
like oil companies claiming to represent motorists' interests ..

 > The DNS started out as being free, then there was compromise and commercial
 > interests were introduced not only into the DNS but also the Internet in
 > general.  I can't say it has become a better place because of it.  Some think
 > it has but we can all agree there have been associated issues such as
 > cybersquatting, spam and litigation.  I would want AuDA to fully consider all
 > proposed changes before any implementation.

Agreed.

Cheers, Ian