[DNS] Time for the rules tochangeregardingtransferringdomainname licences

From: Tony Owen <tony§seol.net.au>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:46:53 +0930
We all have our own barrow to push,

A customer of ours let sunniskymini.com domain expire, it was grabbed on the
drop by someone (who has an identity shield in place) and below is the
extortion letter I received today <smile>

sunniskymini.com is a 'made up name', has no worth to anyone except the
original registrant.

<snip>
The domain sunniskymini.com is using our Domain Name Contact Services at
Alternative Identity. We have contacted the owners and apprised them of your
interest. They have agreed to sell you the domain name sunniskymini.com for
US$250. There will be an escrow service fee of US$30 that must be applied to
the final price of the domain name. Total price of the domain name will be
US$280. If this is an acceptable price, please send wire, money order or
certified or cashiers check (international checks please add an additional
US$50 processing fee), which must be made payable to Alternative Identity,
to:
</snip>

I do believe that if people wish to lobby AUDA into an after market system,
all the common 'known' scams should be addressed. I personally have a few
hundred domains in several domain spaces, I dont mind selling them,
developing them etc, so love the idea of of an open market, on the other
hand I also do a lot of support for people so get grief occasionally from
the like of DNA, Chelsea and the likes of the above cons ...

I dont think it would be too hard to come up with something that at least
covers the obvious.

Cheers Tony