[DNS] Timefortherulestochangeregardingtransferringdomainnamelicences

From: Dassa <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:40:56 +1000

And prevention is better than trying to correct problems after they occur.  We
have all seen what happened in the gTLD's when the market opened.  Do we have
to repeat all the same mistakes?  Yes, the market would settle down after the
initial flurries that could last a number of years, how many people would be
hurt/burnt by the experience before that happens?

I still tend to favour a transfer process where the rules are relaxed a little
on the administrative side but where a market is not allowed to develop.

Some may consider it stifling but I see it as providing the best protection
for all current and future users of the namespace.

Would it be possible to see some statistics on the numbers of transfers being
applied for currently, both approved and disapproved?  Perhaps some idea from
Registrars and resellers on how many requests they get for such services?

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch