[DNS] france ditches magic number requirementRe:Domaindisputeheats up

From: Darryl <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 21:50:24 +1000

I agree it is artificial to a degree but not solely due to the wholesale
price.  There are a number of factors which I take into consideration, I have
provided free hostnames to over 250,000 users at no cost to them so I have a
fairly good understanding of what is involved.  There are a great many reasons
why the wholesale price is what it is and why the retail price has been and
what it is now.  We would appear to have slightly different ideas on how those
factors affect things and what is important and what is not.

|>there is no
|> brand value in the price whatsoever. auda has screwed ausreg
|> down to .com levels at 1% of the market share, where has the
|> brand premium gone? nowhere it never existed.

We are no where near .com levels nor do I want to see us branded the same as
that namespace.

|> on one hand you say there is a brand premium and then on the
|> other you say you where never prepapred to pay it. if you
|> are not prepared to pay for something then that value doesnt
|> exist for you. you delude yourself if you claim it exists.
|> you dont really value something if you are not prepared to
|> pay for it.

Willing to pay for the branding but not the over inflated price that some
gougers tried to get out of the market.  I'm very comfortable with the current
pricing and even if it was a little higher I'd not have a problem with buying
into the namespace where I see some personal value in doing so.

|> the current wholesale price will now be on par with .com
|> even though the rules havent changed, so where did that
|> premium go? it never existed.

You equate profit with value as you see fit, that doesn't meet the facts
however.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch