[DNS] france ditches magic number requirementRe:Domaindisputeheats up

From: Vic Cinc <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 23:07:06 +1000
Darryl (Dassa) Lynch [dassa&#167;dhs.org] wrote:

> |> the current wholesale price will now be on par with .com
> |> even though the rules havent changed, so where did that
> |> premium go? it never existed.
>
> You equate profit with value as you see fit, that doesn't meet the facts
> however.

I suspect you are not aware of the incoming price regime. taking into
account exchange rates and volumes, it is more then comparable to .com

the incoming price regime is not sustainable for the industry,
its great for end user.

my point still stands, as the price comes down artificially where did
the premium go? if the price is going to be within a few dollars of
.com over the medium term, given registrars must make a return on
invested capital and deduct expenses just how small is that premium?

I am needing a magnifying glass to find it.

Vic