[DNS] DNS RBL for new GTLDdomains

From: Edwin Groothuis <edwin§mavetju.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:00:03 +1000
This is forwarded from a different DNS mailinglist:

----- Forwarded message from Rick Wesson <wessorh&#167;ar.com> -----

Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:39:24 -0700
From: Rick Wesson <wessorh&#167;ar.com>
Subject: Re: [dns-operations] negative caching of throwaway spam domains

I've created a DNSRBL called day-old-bread (ok you think of a good name
for it) that contains a running list of domains registered in the last 5
days. It lives at dob.sibl.support-intelligence.net.

a test point is at
test.dob.sibl.support-intelligence.com.dob.sibl.support-intelligence.net.

the data set currently has just the last 2 days worth of domain
registrations.

The run rate will be around 5M domains for 5 days worth of registrations.

I appreciate any thoughts on how useful this might be, and feel free to
let others know the lists exists.

-rick

----- End forwarded message -----

The idea is that this DNS RBL can be used against throw-away domains
in the .com/.net/.info etc namespace.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org