[DNS] Secondary Market

From: Sean K. Finn <Sean.Finn§ozservers.com.au>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:34:36 +1000
>At least with a secondary market,
>domains ultimately end up in the hands of those that value them
>the most... even better: those who relinquish the domain name
>get some compensation.  It seems to me to produce more
>winners than the present situation.

^ I agree with the above statement.

Trouble is, that if it is made easy for the above to happen, this will
mean that domain speculators will hide under the guise of legitimate use
more so than is being done presently.

It is my opinion that it will encourage more abuse of  .com.au names by
having domain speculators register many times more names than will be
made available by the easy return trade or transfer from an existing
registrant to a new one.

The registrars all seem to agree with the my opinion by their continual
arguing the FOR CHANGE case, as they wouldn't be arguing the point if it
didn't lead to more domain name sales.

Not that a bit of extra cash isn't bad, but we have to think of the
children here, and protect our future Internet generations from greedy
Internet whores and domain barons.

-Sean.