[DNS] Secondary Market

From: Jon Lawrence <jon§jonlawrence.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:02:08 +0100
>It is important to remember you are being sold a fixed term license to a
>domain name, not the domain name itself. You are not sold a domain name
>and you do not own it, you are merely licensed it. The license allows
>you to nominate data (NS records) to place in auDA's zone file.

I think it's also worth remembering that although you may only have a
licence to hold a domain name, as long as you continue to remain eligible to
hold that licence, and continue to remember to renew it, it is in effect
yours, in perpetuity.

While that's legally not ownership per se, in practice it's much the same
thing.

Jon