[DNS] Licence Period

From: Jon Lawrence <jon§jonlawrence.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:12:23 +0100
I would suggest that the domain tasting phenomenon is the single biggest
problem in the .com space, but the major 'mistake' IMO is the simple fact
that ICANN is not an effective regulator.

Thankfully, we have a relatively effective regulator in auDA, and the review
of the renewal and deletion process should hopefully create some barriers
to the outbreak of domain tasting on the scale that is currently happening
in the .com space.

Nominet have recently done the same:
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/0,39020330,39280558,00.htm

Jon