[DNS] Domain monetising?

From: Vic Cinc <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:10:08 +1000
David Goldstein [goldstein_david&#167;yahoo.com.au] wrote:
> I can see why someone *should* register domains to protect their trademark, but in reality why should they if they don't want to. If one looks at the offline world, it's not expected a company should register various permutation of their company name or brands to protect a brand or company, so why should they be forced to with domain names?

if nothing to catch stray traffic that rightly belongs to them. its just
a function of the different enviroment.

contrary to what our very clever tech gurus used to tell us about dns,
people actually do use the dns as a directory.

according to the wall street journal the value of this industry is around USD400-600m
this year and its heavily being driven by google.

Vic