[DNS] Let's Talk Net

From: David Goldstein <goldstein_david§yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 22:03:56 -0800 (PST)
Hi Ian et al,

For someone who is blind, it's not a matter of avoiding the websites that are unfriendly to screen readers. For example if a travel website can't be read by a screen reader, it may well be one has to call and suffer the added fees for booking over the phone. And then there are the websites that use "capcha" (sp), where you have to enter a scrambled code. Some organisations have an audio version, but others are just inaccessible to someone who is blind or vision impaired.

We don't deny access to a cafe or restaurant, for example, to someone who is disabled, and so we shouldn't deny access to a website just because someone has a disability.

Cheers
David