[DNS] New WHOIS

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 16:59:20 +1100 (EST)
On Sat, 25 Nov 2006, Adrian Kinderis wrote:

 > And excuse the bad spelling on my behalf! Where was spell check?
 >
 > Merely!

Tsk.

To add to Lea's notes about the user interface, if it might be useful
for the next iteration:

a) I don't understand the conglomeration of .com.au and .net.au in the
picklist, where the other open .au domains are specified individually?
I looked up two .net.au domains that happen to have entirely unrelated
.com.au domains that were also displayed.  Why?

b) You should have your web developer check the whois page with Mozilla
browsers, as it doesn't work correctly.  Maybe Firefox on Windows does?

  1) with Mozilla 1.7.7 on FreeBSD 5.5, it basically works but there is
no 'speaker icon' displayed at all.  Captcha input works correctly.

  2) with Mozilla 1.7.12 on FreeBSD 6.1, with generally working Flash,
the icon displays as an empty blue box (no sound), but the captcha text
input field refuses to take any typed input (focus?).  Clicking submit
complains about the wrong (null) input, then next time around _does_
accept the captcha input, but then crashes Mozilla on submit :)

I know, everyone should run Bill's software to be 'standard' .. but ..

Cheers, Ian