[DNS] New WHOIS

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 13:28:01 +0000
Quoting Vic Cinc on Sunday November 26, 2006:

| > Is auDA forcing registrars to implement IDN registrations?
|
| we will see wont we. at this stage without a business case proposition
| from auda I certainly have no intention of supporting it.

So, I assume you are saying that in fact auDA has made no such
assertion, or even suggestion.. you just thought you'd go out trolling.

| what I said was auda has no right to inflict non commercial investment on
| registrars.  thats not quite what your disengenious rewording is trying
| to imply is it. its your pathetic obsession with registrar bottom line that is
| the only nonsense.

Surely if the regulatory environment for a registrar changes, it is free
to re-evaluate the circumstances and decide whether it wants to stay
in business or adapt. If a registrar decides it is too burdensome to
continue business in .au, it's not like it has to keep doing what it's
doing. Not that I think anything will come to that, but you make it
sound like the world falls apart should anything not directly align with
registrar's interests.

| nevertheless, auda has set a very clear precedent that it is willing
| to subsidise policy with a bottomless purse.

Ummm, yeah right.

kim