[DNS] Use of wildcard resource records

From: rob&#167;rob.co.uk <(rob§rob.co.uk)>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 12:04:20 -0000
Hi,

I have been talking to a friend of mine who has been affected by the recent
http://www.auda.org.au/news-archive/auda-01122006/ announcement.

All seems fair enough and sensible - however what did shock me was the
notice period mentioned!

Registrants seem to have been notified on the afternoon of Friday 1st
December, and changes are to be made by the afternoon of Wednesday 6th
December - otherwise the domain will be deleted.

 What happens to the poor souls who have invested time and money into
developing a website and are taking a holiday to return at the end of the
week and find their domain name no longer exists?!

Surely a more reasonable 7 / 14 / 21 working days ought to be applied?

It does not bode well for confidence in .au if the extension can have
unplanned deletions inside a 4 working day period.

Regards,

Rob Taylor.