[DNS] Intaserve

From: magic2147&#167;optushome.com.au <(magic2147§optushome.com.au)>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 00:38:46 +1100
On 11 Jan 2007 at 15:36, Amin Kroll wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> The 'myintaserve' site is no longer used nor advertised by us and has been
> replaced by the single Account Management Intaface. You may have recieved
> the old myintaserve reference from your customers previous developer
> correspondence. We just updated the link shortly after your highlighting the
> fact that it is still up.

1. The myintaserve.com link was supplied by David from your office within the last three
days. Funny about that.

2. https://commandcentral.com.au/intaserve/login.asp asks for a "Account Reference". This
term has no meaning in the Australian domain space and it is undefined on your site. If the
registrant doesn't know what their "Account Reference" is they are stuffed. Or at least they
have to wait until they get a response from your support team (who can be a bit obtuse on
occasion) lob back into work. and get around to answering a few SLAs.

This is now the predicament I am in. I want to make further changes to the domain record as
instructed by the registrant and I can't because neither I nor the the registrant have been
supplied with an "Account Reference" let alone the password for access via the Intaface (sic).
And we can't recover the password because we don't have an Account Reference. It's Catch
22 all over again.

And is the Inyaface interface really the one I need to interface with if all I want to do is
redelegate the domain away from your lame hosting? The sparse info at
https://commandcentral.com.au/intaserve/login.asp seems to imply that it is all about hosting
(amidst all the spellos).

The intelligent thing to do would be to have an area where registrants who are likely to know
their domain name can recover their "Account Reference" and Password if the registrant
email address is correct without having to wait for support to be around. This is the way
intelligent registrars do it. It's a no brainer really.

cb