[DNS] DCITA Review - submissions posted

From: Josh Rowe <josh§email.nu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:43:08 +1100
On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 07:12:34PM +0000, Kim Davies wrote:
> Quoting Josh Rowe on Tuesday January 09, 2007:
> |
> | The submissions to the DCITA "Review of the structure and
> | operation of the .au Internet domain" have been posted here:
> | http://shorterlink.com/?7924AT
>
> I find it surprising that there weren't more public comments from
> registrars. There is only a comment from Melbourne IT made public.
>
> kim

There are now two extra submissions on the web site, the first from NetRegistry and the second from the "Domain Industry Assocation" which says it represents the following registrars:

Anchor Systems Pty Ltd
AussieHQ Pty Ltd
Australian Style Pty Ltd trading as Bottle Domains
Discount Domain Name Services Pty Ltd
Distribute.IT Pty Ltd trading as Click'n Go!
Domain Central Pty Ltd
Domain Directors Pty Ltd
Enetica Pty Ltd
Explorer Domains Pty Ltd
IntaServe Pty Ltd
Melbourne IT Ltd
NetRegistry Pty Ltd
Sublime IP Pty Ltd trading as GoDomains
TPP Domains Pty Ltd trading as TPP Internet
Wobygong Pty Ltd

Both of these submissions have some text blacked out.

The web site also provides this information:

from: http://www.dcita.gov.au/communications_and_technology/consultation_and_submissions/review_of_the_structure_and_operation_of_the_.au_internet_domain

" ...

Note: In accordance with section 1.2 of the Review of the structure and operation of the .au Internet domain Discussion paper, elements of certain submission have been blacked out.

... "

from: http://www.dcita.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/51305/au_Review_Discussion_Paper.pdf

" ...

1.2 Making a submission

DCITA reserves the right not to publish any submission, or part of a submission, which in their view contains potentially defamatory material.

... "

Josh
--
http://josh.id.au/