[DNS] DCITA Review - submissions posted

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:58:42 +1100 (EST)
On Wed, 17 Jan 2007, Josh Rowe wrote:
 > On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 07:12:34PM +0000, Kim Davies wrote:
 > > Quoting Josh Rowe on Tuesday January 09, 2007:
 > > |
 > > | The submissions to the DCITA "Review of the structure and
 > > | operation of the .au Internet domain" have been posted here:
 > > | http://shorterlink.com/?7924AT
 > >
 > > I find it surprising that there weren't more public comments from
 > > registrars. There is only a comment from Melbourne IT made public.
 > >
 > > kim
 >
 > There are now two extra submissions on the web site, the first from

When did these turn up?  Thanks for the notice; I'd have missed them.

 > NetRegistry and the second from the "Domain Industry Assocation"
 > which says it represents the following registrars:
 >
 > Anchor Systems Pty Ltd
 > AussieHQ Pty Ltd
 > Australian Style Pty Ltd trading as Bottle Domains
 > Discount Domain Name Services Pty Ltd
 > Distribute.IT Pty Ltd trading as Click'n Go!
 > Domain Central Pty Ltd
 > Domain Directors Pty Ltd
 > Enetica Pty Ltd
 > Explorer Domains Pty Ltd
 > IntaServe Pty Ltd
 > Melbourne IT Ltd
 > NetRegistry Pty Ltd
 > Sublime IP Pty Ltd trading as GoDomains
 > TPP Domains Pty Ltd trading as TPP Internet
 > Wobygong Pty Ltd
 >
 > Both of these submissions have some text blacked out.

Probably about you :)

I find it interesting that Melbourne IT's submission is considerably at
odds with these two closely idealogically aligned submissions in many
respects, though I suppose they must have signed off on the latter?

Cheers, Ian