[DNS] DCITA review of .au

From: Stig Hartleigh <stig.hartleigh§hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:48:22 +1100
I was wondering what had happened with the gov review of au so i just
checked the auDA site.

In the auDA Feb Board minutes the DCITA rep on the Board is quoted as
syaing;
'DW advised that submissions received by DCITA (published on the DCITA
website) generally indicated overwhelming support for, and confidence in,
the current .au administration'.

Which, in general terms, is good I think.

And then I went on to read this;
'10. Domain Industry Association (DIA)

The board noted that the DIA made a submission to the DCITA review
purportedly on behalf of 15 registrars, although at least three of those
registrars have since disassociated themselves from comments made in the
submission.

BO advised that the DIA is a NSW incorporated association set up by Vic Cinc
of Enetica, and that the DIA submission to DCITA was written by Vic Cinc.
Membership of the DIA is by invitation. Whilst it is possible that the DIA
may become a registrar peak body in future, it does not perform this role at
this stage.'

Good ol' Vic. What a laugh!

Stig Hartleigh.

Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search Now!
www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&_m=EXT