[DNS] Who Polices the Domain Name Police?

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 16:19:52 +1000 (EST)
On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 info&#167;enigmaticminds.com.au wrote:

 > auDRP proceedings are supposed to be governed by the auDRP Rules but if
 > no one enforces these rules what purpose do they serve?
 >
 > Even if the auDRP Rules are breached, auDA has stated that they wont
 > intervene.
 >
 > So who polices the domain name police? It appears that no one does and
 > that panellist have free reign.
 >
 > This absence of any sort of check or balance is concerning especially
 > given the lack of familiarity with auDA policy that it seems many
 > panellist have.

I read your previous post, and read through the AuDRP rules last night,
and read a few decisions.  It seems obvious to me that decisions would
have to be made in respect to the AuDA Policies, however that's not so
clearly or explicitly stated as far as I can tell, but I'm no lawyer.

The closest it comes is to suggest that the Registrant Agreement is
what governs the process, and that of course is made with respect to
AuDA Policies, so it's difficult to see how a Panellist could in any way
'overrule' or 'invalidate' AuDA's Policies in making any determination.

However, without knowing any of the details of the unpublished Decision
you refer to, it's not possible to come to any sort of conclusion about
the concerns you are raising.  I assume that it must be one of the three
cases listed at http://www.auda.org.au/audrp/current-proceedings/ ?

So it's not really possible to comment on your assertions until we have
it from the horse's mouth, so to speak, to see if it's an ass instead.

Cheers, Ian