[DNS] Australia registers more .au than .com domains

From: info&#167;enigmaticminds.com.au <(info§enigmaticminds.com.au)>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:54:26 +1000
I think it makes far more sense for the 2LD to have meaning. The more
specific the meaning the better, as it provides greater recognition, is
easier to understand and remember and it reduces conflicts.

In essence this is the model that is used for trademarks - i.e. you
register a trademark for one of more specific categories not on the
basis of being a commercial entity, educational body, not-for-profit
organisation or government institution.