[DNS] gst on au domain name resales

From: Jason Parsons <Jason§coastbeaches.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 19:25:11 +1000
So when jobs.com.au sold for $200,000 or whatever 10% of that was gst.
Jeeze the ATO is cleaning up.

You need to have a ABN in order to collect GST.

I was going to say what if I don?t have a ABN and am selling a domain name
but I guess you have to have a business to buy a au domain name so you have
a ABN when you sell it.

So that's fair enough.

So if I buy a domain name I will get a receipt saying gst paid ect inline
with ATO regulations.

What if the domain name is part of the price of a business I'm buying?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Regards
J.Parsons
Jason Parsons
?
?
CoastBeaches.com
Beach Visitors Guide, Holiday Accommodation
Phone/Fax - 0754 776 845 International - +61 7 5477 6845
www.CoastBeaches.com
Last Minute Instant Accommodation Bookings
www.CoastBeaches.com/last_minute
CoastBeaches NOW on FACEBOOK
http://apps.facebook.com/coastbeaches