[DNS] AuDA Domain Name regulator in the red

From: Kirk Fletcher <kirk§enetica.com.au>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 16:06:43 +1100
> "there will always be waste" - do you mean like inflated salaries for
> example?

Not necessarily, I don't mind decent salaries being paid - nor
director's fees/expenses... though I believe a "committee" type
structure will never be too efficient at spending money.

That said, the expenditure increases in a year of 5% inflation
don't sound that bad to me...

> and since auda is in the red, does that mean we will start seeing
> more  domain names being deleted and placed back into the pool
> for re-registration?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

They're not "in the red", they have $4.4m, and as a non-profit,
aren't supposed to make money.  I'd be complaining if they did
- they might me tempted to spend it on something silly.

Cheers,
Kirk