[DNS] auDA Staff and Salaries

From: Michael Purse <pursey§gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 12:07:48 +0930
Not sure why I haven't thought about this earlier:

auDA now has 7 staff and according to the budget, they cost auDA
$944,000 per annum and then $482,000 in "technical", which is
significantly higher than the figures from a few years ago. Staff
costs were $650,000 and included a lot of the technical line. How does
this nearly double? I can also recall auDA having 3-4 staff including
Chris.

Why has this increased so dramatically? Is there actually this much
more workload? I can't see how there could be this much of an increase
in workload for auDA other than the work they've created for
themselves recently. It almost seems like the increase in spending on
this line is simply because the money is there. Wouldn't it make more
sense for auDA fees simply to be reduced some more rather than
doubling staff numbers?

I also wonder whether these staff are fulltime or not, and would be
interested (but probably wont find out) what kind of remuneration
they're on.

Cheers,

Michael