[DNS] Telstra DNS redirection

From: Brett Fenton <brett.fenton§netregistry.com.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:36:22 +1100
Thats all correct, and I do agree with that, I've got far more time for the
RFC than ICANN.

However we don't follow the RFC explicitly pretty regularly. For example you
really shouldn't put a CNAME on the root of a domain. Yet not only do we do
it, big entities like Google actively encourage it.

Similarly, and I'd have to take a look at the RFC, I don't believe SPF records
in the TXT record of a domain were exactly accounted for in the original RFC,
but here we are using them in a way they weren't really designed to be used.

But it is a good question what do BigPond advise they offer, is it a pure and
unadulterated connection to the internet? I'm fairly certain their T&C says
it's their connection and they'll do whatever they feel like on any given day.