[DNS] domain name news - 10 April

From: David Goldstein <david>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:25:39 +1000
Don't forget to check out http://www.auda.org.au/domain-news/ for the archive of the last 3 months of the news.

And see my website - http://GoldsteinReport.com/ - for daily updates in between postings.

The domain name news is supported by auDA

Google Plots Web Domain-Buying Spree
http://adage.com/article/digital/google-plots-web-domain-buying-spree/234009/

Google To Apple For .Google, .YouTube And More TLDs, While Facebook And Pepsi Say No
http://www.domainpulse.com/?p=8028

The Batching Games: ICANN?s Plan to Process New gTLD Applications
http://www.jdsupra.com/post/documentViewer.aspx?fid=e6f38e38-9bcd-498b-8b6b-4a413fcac6c5

ICANN approves "digital archery" batching process
http://news.dot-nxt.com/2012/04/01/digital-archery-approved

Three-way legal fight over .eco breaks out
http://domainincite.com/three-way-legal-fight-over-eco-breaks-out/

Why Asia Pacific is spearheading global Internet development through IPv6
http://telecomlead.com/inner-page-details.php?id=8157&block=News

The coming trade war in IP address blocks by Milton Mueller
http://www.internetgovernance.org/2012/04/06/the-coming-trade-war-in-ip-address-blocks/

**********************
GOVERNANCE
**********************
The War for Control of the Internet
"World War 3.0" will happen in Dubai this December at their World Trade Centre and an article by Michael Joseph Gross in the May 2012 issues Vanity Fair explains why this is one of the most important events in 2012.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/04/07/1081544/-The-War-for-Control-of-the-Internet

Joint Statement by President Obama and President Rousseff
At the invitation of President Barack Obama, President Dilma Rousseff made an official visit to the United States on April 9, 2012 to discuss their countries? ongoing relationship on a broad range of bilateral, regional, and multilateral issues. The Leaders expressed satisfaction with the constructive and balanced partnership, based on the shared values and mutual trust that exist between their countries, the two largest democracies and economies in the Americas. ... They highlighted the increasing importance of Internet and information and communication technologies (ICT)-related issues and the need to deepen discussion and expand cooperation between the U.S. and Brazil on issues so vital to their economies and societies.  They noted with satisfaction the longstanding collaboration in those areas and welcomed the establishment of a new mechanism for consultations on issues such as Internet governance, Internet/ICT policy, and cyber security.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/04/09/joint-statement-president-obama-and-president-rousseff

Nalsar?s Institute of Global Internet Governance and Advocacy holds its 1st International Conference; Two-day event focused on the changing parameters of Internet Governance
The Institute of Global Internet Governance and Advocacy (GIGA) of Nalsar University, Hyderabad recently held its first International Conference at the Nalsar campus.
http://barandbench.com/brief/9/2240/nalsars-institute-of-global-internet-governance-and-advocacy-holds-its-1st-international-conference-two-day-event-focused-on-the-changing-parameters-of-internet-governance

**********************
DOMAIN NAMES
**********************
**********************
 - ICANN
**********************
.post Agreement Amendment
ICANN is posting today for public comment the Universal Postal Union (UPU) request to amend its Sponsorship TLD agreement to remove the requirement to reserve the "previously-reserved IANA domain strings" at the second level. This change in the agreement means that .post would be allowed to register, for example, biz.post, com.post, uk.post, etc. Comments may be submitted through 9 May 2012.
http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-09apr12-en.htm

Public Comment: Second Annual IDN ccTLD Fast Track Process Review
Purpose (Brief): ICANN is now opening a public comment forum for the second annual review of the IDN ccTLD Fast Track Process. Community members and specifically those who were directly involved in the IDN ccTLD Fast Track Process, including requesters, public authorities, and end users of the delegated IDN ccTLDs, are kindly asked to provide feedback on their experience in the process.
http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-09apr12-en.htm

Fellowship Program Brings Global Voices Together at ICANN | Fellows Announced for Prague, Czech Republic Meeting
Global input and ideas will be on the rise at the 44th Public Meeting of ICANN thanks to ICANN's on-going Fellowship program.
http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-06apr12-en.htm

Public Comment: Second Annual IDN ccTLD Fast Track Process Review
Purpose (Brief): ICANN is now opening a public comment forum for the second annual review of the IDN ccTLD Fast Track Process. Community members and specifically those who were directly involved in the IDN ccTLD Fast Track Process, including requesters, public authorities, and end users of the delegated IDN ccTLDs, are kindly asked to provide feedback on their experience in the process.
http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-09apr12-en.htm

Letter from Beth Chapman, Alabama Secretary of State, National Association of Secretaries of State to Rod Beckstrom
New gTLD Program
http://www.icann.org/en/news/correspondence/chapman-to-beckstrom-30mar12-en

Letter from Jeffrey W. Bullock, Secretary of State, Delaware Department of State to ICANN
New gTLD Program
http://www.icann.org/en/news/correspondence/chapman-to-beckstrom-30mar12-en

ICANN CEO warns of turbulent future for the Internet
The National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) said on 10 March: "We are cancelling this RFP [for the operation of IANA] because we received no proposals that met the requirements requested by the global community."
http://www.itwire.com/it-industry-news/strategy/53975-icann-ceo-warns-of-turbulent-future-for-the-internet

Slowly Cracking the DNSSEC Code at ICANN 43 by Ram Mohan
As regular readers know, ICANN holds lengthy, in-depth discussions devoted to DNSSEC at each of its three annual meetings. The half-day session held at ICANN 43 in Costa Rica last month was particularly interesting. What became clear is that the industry is quickly moving into the end-user adoption phase of global DNSSEC deployment.
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20120405_slowly_cracking_the_dnssec_code_at_icann_43/

The final four for the ICANN CEO job [subscription]
ICANN's new CEO will be named next week, with a final decision on the final four candidates made at a special Board "workshop" this weekend.
http://news.dot-nxt.com/2012/04/09/final-four-icann-ceo

**********************
 - ccTLD & gTLD NEWS
**********************
Startup Weekend Teams Up with the .CO Domain to Offer Short, Memorable .CO Web Addresses to Startups Worldwide
Startup Weekend today announced a one-year Global Partnership with .CO Internet, the company behind the fast-growing .CO domain extension.  Through the partnership, .CO domain name scholarships will be granted to all Startup Weekend participants, reaching more than 45,000 entrepreneurs in over 100 countries across the globe. The domain name scholarships will help these entrepreneurs kickstart their businesses with a 12-month .CO domain registration at no cost to them for the first year.
http://www.cointernet.co/media/press-releases/startup-weekend?-teams-co-domain-offer-short-memorable-co-web-addresses-startup

CZ.NIC will watch over cybernetic security of the Czech Republic
Czech Interior Minister Radek John and Ond?ej Filip, Executive Director of the CZ.NIC Association, signed a memorandum establishing that the administrator of the Czech national domain will be responsible for the agenda of the CSIRT.CZ (Computer Security Incident Response Teams) national security team starting January of next year.
http://www.nic.cz/page/830/cz.nic-ohlida-kybernetickou-bezpecnost-ceske-republiky/

20 years since Internet came to Estonia
Precisely 20 years ago today Estonia established its first Internet connection with the outside world. Previously people in Estonia could only send and receive e-mails via slow modem connections by making international calls to Finland. Such a solution was both complicated and inadequate because it excluded a wide range of Internet possibilities.
http://www.internet.ee/eng/news/20-years-since-internet-came-to-estonia

.EU Celebrates Sixth Birthday With 3.6m Registrations
EURid is celebrating the sixth birthday of the .EU top level domain. Six years ago, European Union businesses, organisations and residents began to register .EU domain names as they became publically available on 7 April 2006.1.7 million .EU domains were registered within the launch month.
http://www.domainpulse.com/?p=8032
http://goldsteinreport.com/article.php?article=17409

.eu celebrates sixth birthday
Six years ago, European Union businesses, organisations and residents embraced .eu web addresses when they became publically available on 7 April 2006, registering 1.7 million within the launch month.
http://www.eurid.eu/en/content/eu-celebrates-sixth-birthday

The FrenchWeb.fr video on the "Issues of Domain Names" workshop goes on-line
Last March 27, AFNIC took part in the Frenchweb.fr workshop dedicated to the issues of domain names, which was attended by more than twenty people.
http://www.afnic.fr/en/about-afnic/news/general-news/5837/show/the-frenchweb-fr-video-on-the-issues-of-domain-names-workshop-goes-on-line-2.html

goMobi and Google to help UK companies get on the mobile Web
dotMobi confirmed as mobile website vendor under Google?s GetMo initiative to open mobile Web to all UK businesses
http://mtld.mobi/node/1980

Nigeria: FG Orders MDAs to Migrate to New Domain Name
The federal government has ordered all Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) in the country to migrate to the pan Nigerian domain name in their official websites and emailing addresses. Government ministries that disobey the order would be slammed with appropriate sanctions, government said.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201204090075.html

sg: Special names for a limited period! Grab it now!
>From 2 April 2012 to 30 April 2012, a selected group of Premium Domain Names (?PDNs?) will be released for application at a base price ranging from $642 to $21,400 (including GST). If the name has multiple applications, it will be allocated to the applicant with the highest bid.
http://nic.net.sg/news/special-names-limited-period-grab-it-now-3

SGNIC .SG WHOIS Changes from 2 May 2012
With effect from 2 May 2012, SGNIC will further restrict the amount of contact information available via .SG WHOIS display. Prior to this, in June 2005, SGNIC removed the display of email address and phone numbers for the Registrant, Administrative Contact and Billing Contact. Specifically, the following information will be removed.
http://nic.net.sg/news/sgnic-sg-whois-changes-2-may-2012

Nominet Internet Awards 2012 - Less than 2 weeks left to enter!
Time is running out to get your entry in - less than 2 weeks to go. The deadline for entries to the Nominet Internet Awards is fast approaching. Don't miss out on this chance of recognition for making the UK internet a more secure, open, accessible and diverse experience.
http://www.nominet.org.uk/news/latest/?contentId=9195

ICANN, ICM Registry Release .XXX Registration Numbers
ICM Registry says it currently has 215,835 .XXX domains under its management.
http://newswire.xbiz.com/view.php?id=146803

YouPorn?s .xxx settlement talks extended
YouPorn owner Manwin, .xxx manager ICM Registry and ICANN have asked a California court for a few more weeks to settle Manwin?s antitrust lawsuit.
http://domainincite.com/youporns-xxx-settlement-talks-extended/

**********************
 - NEW TLDS
**********************
Google Plots Web Domain-Buying Spree
This week marks a major step toward a dramatically expanded internet, but only a few brands -- including Google and Deloitte -- say they'll take advantage of it.
http://adage.com/article/digital/google-plots-web-domain-buying-spree/234009/

Google To Apple For .Google, .YouTube And More TLDs, While Facebook And Pepsi Say No (Ad Age)
Google will be applying for several TLDs for a number of their trademarks a company spokesperson told Ad Age, while Facebook and Pepsi both said they will not be applying.
http://goldsteinreport.com/article.php?article=17406
http://www.domainpulse.com/?p=8028
http://www.domainnews.com/en/google-to-apple-for-google-youtube-and-more-tlds-while-facebook-and-pepsi-say-no.html

Google confirms new gTLD bids
Google will apply for several new generic top-level domains, according to a report in AdAge.
http://domainincite.com/google-confirms-new-gtld-bids/

The Batching Games: ICANN?s Plan to Process New gTLD Applications
On March 29, 2012, the user registration window closed for anyone planning to apply for a new gTLD. Applicants who registered prior to March 29, 2012, however, still have until April 12, 2012 to complete their application.
http://www.jdsupra.com/post/documentViewer.aspx?fid=e6f38e38-9bcd-498b-8b6b-4a413fcac6c5

ICANN approves "digital archery" batching process
ICANN has formally approved a process for deciding which applications for new Internet extensions will be given priority.
http://news.dot-nxt.com/2012/04/01/digital-archery-approved

ICANN's batching solution is "digital archery"
What happens if "significantly more" than 500 TLDs are applied for in the first round of new gTLDs? ICANN Staff have been pondering this conundrum for many months. The answer: batch the applications. The reason: ICANN's processing capabilities do not allow it to realistically deal with more than 500 applications at any one time.
http://stephanevangelder.com/archives/398-ICANNs-batching-solution-is-digital-archery.html

States will object to .inc, .llc gTLDs
American secretaries of state will object to new gTLD applications for .inc, .corp, .llc and .llp unless they are restricted, the National Association of Secretaries of State has told ICANN.
http://domainincite.com/states-will-object-to-inc-llc-gtlds/

Richard Falkenrath on Web Domain-Name Expansion [Bloomberg]
Richard Falkenrath, a principal at the Chertoff Group and a Bloomberg Television contributing editor, talks about a plan by ICANN to expand top-level Web domain names beyond commonly used suffixes such as .com and .net.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/richard-falkenrath-on-web-domain-name-expansion/2012/04/05/gIQAciiqxS_video.html

New gTLD hopefuls play trademark games in EU, too
I?ve chronicled many of the attempts by new gTLD hopefuls to ?frontrun? trademarks for new TLDs in the United States. Here are 115 examples. But that?s just in the U.S. system. And it?s not a huge threat since the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office is rejecting these applications.
http://domainnamewire.com/2012/04/06/new-tld-trademark-eu/

New TLDs spotted: .kinderis and .delzoppo [note: this news release is dated 1 April!]
Following months of painstaking work and careful planning, ARI Registry Services can today reveal the two latest TLDs it will be supporting as part of ICANN's new TLD program: .kinderis and .delzoppo.
http://www.ariservices.com/news-new_tlds_spotted.php

First .blog new gTLD applicant revealed
Colombian domain name registrar My.co has become the first company to reveal that it will apply to ICANN for the .blog generic top-level domain.
http://domainincite.com/first-blog-new-gtld-applicant-revealed/

Three-way legal fight over .eco breaks out
Planet.eco, an emergent .eco gTLD applicant with a trademark on ?.eco? is suing two rival applicants for trademark infringement and cybersquatting in a California court.
http://domainincite.com/three-way-legal-fight-over-eco-breaks-out/

Startup spotlight: DotYellow to enter online listings market
Concerned by the waste generated by the Yellow Pages books, product development director, Angelo Perera, decided to do something about it and helped start Melbourne-based online brand listing company, DotYellow.
http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/421025/startup_spotlight_dotyellow_enter_online_listings_market/
http://www.techworld.com.au/article/421025/startup_spotlight_dotyellow_enter_online_listings_market/

**********************
 - DNS SECURITY
**********************
Cybersecurity reboot: Two game-changing ideas
Current computer and network technologies were built to help process and move data quickly from one site to another. Unfortunately, until recently, efforts to protect that infrastructure played second fiddle to business needs.
http://fcw.com/articles/2012/04/15/feat-cybersecurity-moving-target-defense.aspx

Inside IT Security's New Reality: Damage Containment
More security experts and vendors are espousing the view that bad guys will eventually sneak into your corporate network, even your big data. Can your IT team contain the damage once the hackers arrive?
http://www.informationweek.com/news/security/vulnerabilities/232800418

Chinese websites 'defaced in Anonymous attack'
The Anonymous hacking group claims to have defaced almost 500 websites in China. Targets hit in the mass defacement included government sites, its official agencies, trade groups and many others.
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17623939

UK government website disrupted by hacker attack
A British government website was disrupted on Sunday by an attack thought to be by activist hacker group Anonymous, whose previous high-profile targets have included the Vatican.
http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/04/08/britain-hacking-idINDEE83705820120408
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/04/08/uk-britain-hacking-idUKBRE83708820120408

Web attacks use smart redirection to evade URL security scanners [IDG]
Security researchers from antivirus vendor ESET have come across new Web-based malware attacks that try to evade URL security scanners by checking for the presence of mouse cursor movement.
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9225957/Web_attacks_use_smart_redirection_to_evade_URL_security_scanners
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/253426/web_attacks_use_smart_redirection_to_evade_url_security_scanners.html

Rick Schwartz Puts His Fight Against Reverse Domain Name Hijackers in the Mainstream Business World Spotlight
If you keep up with domain industry news you are already well aware that a little-known company from Brazil that operates from the ccTLD SaveMe.com.br is attempting to use the UDRP process to hijack the generic domain name, SaveMe.com, from its rightful owner, veteran domain investor/developer Rick Schwartz.
http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2012/dailyposts/20120409.htm

**********************
 - DOMAIN DISPUTES
**********************
Internet Domain Name Dispute Resolution in India and the Role of Arbitration by Ruchi Rampuria & Vishal Thakur
Abstract: This paper tries to highlight the role of arbitration in the field of dispute arising out of domain name in India and the problems which prove a hurdle in making arbitration as an effective means of dispute resolution.
http://ssrn.com/abstract=2035561

ESPN Loses Out UDRP Complaint
The U.S.-based sports entertainment network ESPN, Inc. recently filed a UDRP Complaint against DisplayPop / Bill Tucker over the domain names ESPNShowcaseFlorida.com, ESPNSportsNetwork.com, and ESPNNetworkSports.com. A Panelist with the National Arbitration Forum (NAF) denied the Complaint. Although ESPN holds trademark rights to the ESPN mark, the Respondent argued that the letters ESPN in the disputed domains stood for "Extreme Sports Professional Network."
http://www.domainnamestrategy.com/2012/04/02/espn-loses-out-udrp-complaint

Internet.bs Corp Responds to KnujOn Accusations
Recently offshore domain registrar Internet.BS was called out by KnujOn as one of the registrars that ?see no evil? when it comes to supporting online pharmacies and according to KnujOn?s report (PDF) does not enforce the ICANN rules for invalid whois.  Following the release of the report, Internet.BS suspended 176 pharma related domains.
http://www.domainnamenews.com/legal-issues/internet-bs-responds-to-knujon/10237

**********************
 - IPv4/IPv6
**********************
Why Asia Pacific is spearheading global Internet development through IPv6
The last twelve months have marked a critical turning point in the history of the Internet. This time last year, the last blocks of IPv4 addresses were allocated from the global pool at the Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA) to the Regional Internet address Registries, the RIRs. This was effectively the green light for businesses and providers across the globe to start deploying IPv6.
http://telecomlead.com/inner-page-details.php?id=8157&block=News

TRA Hosts IPV6 Training Course
In order to build the capacities of the UAE ICT sector to meet the standards and requirements of the Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPV6) in the UAE, the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has organized an IPV6 training course in its new building in Al Mamzar area, Dubai, from March 25th to the 29th 2012.
http://tra.gov.ae/news_TRA_Hosts_IPV6_Training_Course-389-1.php

nz: Blue Coat targets IPv6 'shadow networks'
IPv6 is due to replace IPv4 as the world?s dominant Internet Protocol in the next few years, but with the proportion of traffic running on the new system already growing, enterprises need to start protecting themselves now, according to web security and WAN optimisation company Blue Coat.
http://www.techday.co.nz/itbrief/news/blue-coat-targets-ipv6-shadow-networks/22698/

**********************
 - MISCELLANEOUS
**********************
The coming trade war in IP address blocks by Milton Mueller
An important proposal for inter-regional market transfers of IP addresses has been put before RIPE-NCC, the Internet protocol address registry for the European region. The proposal notes that ?there is a significant over-supply of IPv4 in North America versus the rest of the world,? and that ?in a global economy, membership in any particular RIR should not be a barrier to acquiring IPv4 Addresses when the source is not within the same RIR region.?
http://www.internetgovernance.org/2012/04/06/the-coming-trade-war-in-ip-address-blocks/

Patent troll goes after GoDaddy in latest suit
A non-practicing entity, a.k.a. patent troll, has filed a lawsuit against GoDaddy for allegedly infringing some of its cloud storage patents.
http://domainnamewire.com/2012/04/05/patent-troll-goes-after-godaddy-in-latest-suit/

nz: Clever thinking helps to protect future of Kokako - IP strategies fpr brand protection
Award winning organic treats company Kokato has turned to James & Wells to develop a clever IP strategy which protects its valuable brand.
http://www.mondaq.com/NewZealand/x/171824/

Verisign Hashlinks ? a bid to keep domains sexy?
Verisign has quietly announced a new URL shortening service with an interesting spin.
http://domainincite.com/verisign-hashlinks-a-bid-to-keep-domains-sexy/

Verisign to Report First Quarter 2012 Financial Results
VeriSign announced that its earnings call for the first quarter of 2012 will take place on Thurs., April 26, 2012, at 4:30 p.m. (ET).
http://www.verisigninc.com/en_US/news-events/press-room/articles/index.xhtml?artLink=aHR0cHM6Ly9wcmVzcy52ZXJpc2lnbi5jb20vZWFzeWlyL2N1c3RvbXJlbC5kbz9lYXN5aXJpZD1BRkMwRkYwREI1QzU2MEQzJnZlcnNpb249bGl2ZSZwcmlkPTg2OTM5MiZyZWxlYXNlanNwPWN1c3RvbV85Nw%3D%3D

Remote Participation at ARIN XXIX
ARIN hopes you will join us 22-25 April for ARIN XXIX, but if you can?t make it to Vancouver, we invite you to participate online.  Remote participants are encouraged to contribute to policy discussions and other meeting sessions as part of ARIN?s on-going effort to create a community-wide open forum.
https://www.arin.net/announcements/2012/20120403.html

RIPE NCC Publishes Latest Member Update
The RIPE NCC is pleased to announce that the latest issue of the Member Update is available online. This issue includes an update from the RIPE NCC Managing Director as well as articles on the IP Analyser tool and updates on IPv6, RIPE Atlas and the RIPE NCC Charging Scheme Task Force.
http://www.ripe.net/internet-coordination/news/about-ripe-ncc-and-ripe/ripe-ncc-publishes-member-update-21

20 Years Serving The RIPE Community
In April 1992, the RIPE NCC was established to coordinate and support the activities of the RIPE community and to function as a European Internet Registry (later a Regional Internet Registry) responsible for the distribution and management of Internet number resources. This month, the RIPE NCC celebrates 20 years of serving the RIPE community.
http://www.ripe.net/lir-services/ncc/20-years-serving-the-ripe-community

**********************
 - WEBHOSTING
**********************
Netcraft April 2012 Web Server Survey
In the April 2012 survey we received responses from 676,919,707 sites, giving a rise of 32.6M hostnames (5.1%) since last month.
http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2012/04/04/april-2012-web-server-survey.html

Google touts Web hosting for small businesses
Nicole Duling receives a grand total of three, maybe four, hits a month on the website of her "Love and Tender Care" home health and nursing service in Lakeland. That's not helping her reach her goal of switching from full-time nurse to full-time entrepreneur.
http://www2.tbo.com/business/business/2012/apr/06/mebizo1-google-touts-web-hosting-for-small-busines-ar-389059/

Irish Web Host LetsHost Expands Hosting Services to UK, US, Australia
Irish web hosting company LetsHost announced on Friday that it has expanded its hosting locations in the United Kingdom, the United States and Australia where it is providing shared, reseller and VPS hosting packages to customers in these regions.
http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/irish-web-host-letshost-expands-hosting-services-to-uk-us-australia

**********************
 - DOMAINING & AFTERMARKET
**********************
Domain Tools files preemptive lawsuit over copyright claims and its trademark
Domain Tools, LLC has filed suit against a New Jersey man after he threatened to file a lawsuit against it and try to get its trademark for ?Domain Tools? overturned.
http://domainnamewire.com/2012/04/06/domain-tools-files-preemptive-lawsuit/

**********************
INTERNET USE
**********************
Online Porn Is Huge. Like Really, Really Huge. Who Knew?
The good folks at ExtremeTech took it upon themselves this week to get at one of the Internet's crucial questions -- just how big are porn sites these days? The answer? Ron Jeremy big. To study porn sites, ExtremeTech turned to the DoubleClick Ad Planner tool from Google. It's a useful website where you can peek at information gathered by ad-serving cookies about how much traffic a website gets, the age and income of visitors, and the amount of time people spend on a site.
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-04-05/online-porn-is-huge-dot-like-really-really-huge-dot-who-knew

**********************
SOCIAL NETWORKING
**********************
Selling You on Facebook
Many popular Facebook apps are obtaining sensitive information about users?and users' friends?so don't be surprised if details about your religious, political and even sexual preferences start popping up in unexpected places.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303302504577327744009046230.html

How Grabby Are Your Facebook Apps?
The Wall Street Journal analyzed 100 of the most used applications that connect to Facebook's social-networking platform to see what data they sought from people. The Journal also tested its own Facebook app, WSJ Social. Below, the apps tested by the Journal, along with the permissions they ask users to grant them.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303302504577328363924309098.html

Facebook buys Instagram photo sharing network for $1bn
Facebook is paying $1bn in cash and stock for the takeover. Instagram was only launched in October 2010 - initially just for the iPhone before being offered as an Android app last week.
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17658264

Facebook to Buy Photo-Sharing Service Instagram for $1 Billion
Instagram, an Internet start-up in San Francisco, has no revenue and about a dozen employees. It has not yet celebrated its second birthday. But to Facebook, it is already worth a billion dollars.
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/09/facebook-acquires-photo-sharing-service-instagram/

Why Facebook paid US$1bn for Instagram
The key win for Facebook here is mobile engagement. Instagram has rocketed to 30 million users in under two years. Facebook has had a mobile app for years, but it doesn't have the user love that Instagram does. By acquiring the best-of-breed mobile app ? at least, in terms of audience development ? Facebook both takes out a future competitor and grows its mobile presence.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-19882_3-57411413-250/why-facebook-plunked-down-$1-billion-to-buy-instagram/
http://www.zdnet.com.au/why-facebook-paid-us1bn-for-instagram-339335587.htm

Pinterest's Pernicious Terms of Service
Pinterest's Terms of Service has been gaining widespread attention lately in the tech press. It began in late February with a blogpost from a lawyer "tearfully deleting" a Pinterest page because she feared potential legal liability for posting professional photographs, and gained a steady stream of press through March.
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/04/pinterests-pernicious-terms-service

**********************
NEW TECHNOLOGIES
**********************
UN-backed study shows technology can help world move to low-carbon economy [news release]
The use of broadband in information and communication technology (ICT) can help the world transition to a low carbon-economy and address the causes and effects of climate change, according to a United Nations-backed report released today.
http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=41687

New Broadband Commission climate report confirms technology is the key to a low-carbon future [news release]
Broadband can help transition the world towards a low carbon-economy and address the causes and effects of climate change, according to a new report just released by the Broadband Commission for Digital Development.
http://www.itu.int/net/pressoffice/press_releases/2012/16.aspx

*********************************
CHILD PROTECTION & ONLINE SAFETY
*********************************
Survey suggests Kiwis keen on opt-in Internet filtering
A survey of New Zealanders' views on the Digital Child Exploitation Filtering System (DCEFS) suggests the majority of New Zealanders would welcome a more comprehensive filtering scheme, on an opt-in basis.
http://www.itwire.com/it-policy-news/regulation/53955-survey-suggests-kiwis-keen-on-opt-in-internet-filtering

nz: Hacking of Facebook often easy to do
When Christchurch mayoress Jo Nicholls-Parker had her Facebook profile hacked this week, the hacker changed her name to Robyn Manning and posted several updates before Nicholls- Parker regained control of her profile.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/6706956/Hacking-of-Facebook-often-easy-to-do

New Zealand?s Had An Internet Filter For 2 Years. How?s It Working Out?
Have we talked about internet filters before? Yes, just a little. While we?ve been kicking the issue around, we shouldn?t forget our cross-Tasman siblings in New Zealand have had their own filter running since March of 2010. As far as experiments go, Australia really couldn?t ask for a more convenient test subject.
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/04/new-zealands-had-an-internet-filter-now-for-two-years-hows-that-worked-out-for-them/

InternetNZ publishes results of Internet filtering survey
InternetNZ (Internet New Zealand Inc) has published the results of a survey on New Zealanders? knowledge and opinions about the Digital Child Exploitation Filtering System (DCEFS).
http://internetnz.net.nz/news/media-releases/2012/InternetNZ-publishes-results-Internet-filtering-survey

nz: Survey on Internet Filtering
Do you know if your Internet connection is filtered? Filtered for what? By whom? InternetNZ recently published the results of initial research into the public?s opinion on Internet filtering and the Digital Child Exploitation Filtering System (DCEFS).
http://internetnz.net.nz/news/blog/2012/Survey-Internet-Filtering

nz: Call for spyware on kids' phones
Spy software could be installed on all New Zealand cell phones for $200,000, a coroner has heard during the inquest into the death of a Rotorua teenager who killed herself after getting threatening text messages.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10797839

au: Back to the blackboard on link to cyber bullies
PSYCHOLOGISTS and educators need to go back to the drawing board on cyber-bullying and admit they have little clear insight into what is driving the epidemic among students, a study suggests.
http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/back-to-the-blackboard-on-link-to-cyber-bullies-20120405-1wfm7.html
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/back-to-the-blackboard-on-link-to-cyber-bullies-20120405-1wfm7.html

uk: Cameron gets tough on raunchy videos
Explicit music videos made by stars such as Rihanna, Beyonc? and Madonna would be given 18 certificates and subject to greater restrictions to protect children, under plans being looked at by David Cameron.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/9192366/Cameron-gets-tough-on-raunchy-videos.html

uk: Teachers report widespread cyberbullying by pupils and parents
Teachers have been issued with death threats, accused of serious crimes including paedophilia and rape, and subjected to sexist and racist abuse, according to a poll revealing widespread cyberbullying by pupils ? including some still at primary school ? as well as parents.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2012/apr/07/teachers-widespread-cyberbullying

uk: Teachers warn of online threats from pupils
Social networking websites are being used to threaten and make false allegations against teachers, according to a teachers' union.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-17637798

**********************
ONLINE TV & MUSIC
**********************
au: ABC keen to engage second screeners
As innovations such as iView successfully drive wider distribution of its programs, the ABC is turning its attention to deepening audience engagement with a trial aimed at harnessing "second screeners", viewers who interract with shows as they go to air by commenting on Twitter or visiting a Facebook page.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/media/monday-section/abc-keen-to-engage-second-screeners/story-fna1k39o-1226321661179

us: Appeals Court Revives Viacom Suit Against YouTube
A federal appeals court on Thursday reversed a lower court?s decision to throw out a $1 billion lawsuit filed against YouTube by Viacom and other media companies five years ago.
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/05/appeals-court-revives-viacom-suit-against-youtube/

Viacom, YouTube suit sent back to lower court
U.S. Court of Appeals judge in Manhattan Thursday sent a copyright infringement case between Viacom and YouTube back to the District Court for further consideration.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-tech/post/viacom-youtube-suit-sent-back-to-lower-court/2012/04/05/gIQAa7hoxS_blog.html

Viacom v. Google: A Decision at Last, and It's Mostly Good (for the Internet and Innovation)
The Internet can breathe a sigh of relief today.  In the latest twist in the long-running Viacom v. YouTube litigation, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals revived the entertainment giant?s suit against Google ? but simultaneously eviscerated most of the legal theories on which the lawsuit was based.
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/04/viacom-v-google-decision

**********************
MOBILE/WIRELESS
**********************
NZers spend more on mobile than landlines and broadband combined
New Zealand households and businesses spent more on their mobiles than they did on both fixed voice and broadband combined in 2011.
http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/nzers-spend-more-mobile-landlines-and-broadband-combined-ck-115921

A quarter of the world's households now have Wi-Fi, survey says [IDG]
A total of 439 million households around the world had installed a Wi-Fi-based home network at the end of 2011, equivalent to 25 percent of all households, according to market research company Strategy Analytics.
http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/420724/quarter_world_households_now_wi-fi_survey_says/
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2012/040512-a-quarter-of-the-world39s-257998.html

A Ballooning Megabyte Budget
Everyone knows how long a minute is. And your cellphone carrier keeps close tabs on how many you have used this month. Now, in the smartphone era, more people are being forced to think about how many megabytes of data they are using.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/09/technology/how-to-budget-megabytes-becomes-more-urgent-for-users.html

**********************
SPAM
**********************
Spam Invades a Last Refuge, the Cellphone
Text message spam has started waking Bob Dunnell in the middle of the night, promising cheap mortgages, credit cards and drugs. Some messages offer gift cards to, say, Walmart, if he clicks on a Web site and enters his Social Security number.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/08/technology/text-message-spam-difficult-to-stop-is-a-growing-menace.html

Eluding a Barrage of Spam Text Messages
?Do you need up to $1,300 today?? I was recently asked. Except for perhaps Mark Zuckerberg, who doesn?t? Unfortunately this question wasn?t asked by a friend; rather, it came to me in a spam text on my cellphone.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/05/technology/personaltech/fighting-back-against-spam-texts.html

Twitter files lawsuit against alleged spammers and spam tool providers [IDG]
Twitter has filed a lawsuit against "five of the most aggressive tool providers and spammers" in a federal court in San Francisco, opening a new front in its battle against spam, it said Thursday.
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/253346/twitter_files_lawsuit_against_alleged_spammers_and_spam_tool_providers.html
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9225916/Twitter_files_lawsuit_against_alleged_spammers_and_spam_tool_providers

Spam levels still low a year after Rustock botnet takedown
In March 2011, a Microsoft-led team targeted and decapitated the Rustock botnet, and a dramatic decrease in spam traffic was noticed almost immediately. It turns out that a full year later, spammers have not been able to fill the gaping hole left by Rustock's absence.
http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2012/04/spam-levels-still-low-a-year-after-rustock-botnet-takedown.ars

**********************
DIGITAL DIVIDE
**********************
Divide between tech-savvy countries widens
A new digital divide is opening up between countries that make effective use of information and communications technology, and those that do not, argue the authors of a new report published Wednesday by Insead and the World Economic Forum.
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/29d0afa8-7e74-11e1-b009-00144feab49a.html

2.5 Million Laptops Later, One Laptop Per Child Doesn?t Improve Test Scores
At $200 per computer, One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) has sold or facilitated donations of about 2.5 million laptops to classrooms in 42 different countries.
http://mashable.com/2012/04/09/one-laptop-per-child-study/

**********************
ONLINE CRIME & LEGAL
**********************
au: Google to challenge court's ad ruling
Google is poised to launch a High Court challenge to a Federal Court finding that it engaged in false and misleading advertising, fearing the decision could have global implications for the search advertising market, worth tens of billions of dollars.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/media/monday-section/google-to-challenge-courts-ad-ruling/story-fna1k39o-1226321664247

Google considers High Court appeal
Google is reviewing its legal options, including a High Court challenge, as it weighs the impact of a high-stakes loss in the Federal Court last week.
http://www.afr.com/p/national/legal_affairs/google_considers_high_court_appeal_Wxt50qW5KgVuCwahFAYTNP

Internet thieves piggyback on legitimate users
Theft of Internet service is on the rise, and experts say only a few of the culprits are being caught.
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2012-04-08/internet-theft-web/54116488/1

German Courts at Epicenter of Global Patent Battles Among Tech Rivals
Is Germany?s system of litigating disputes over patents bad for business?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/09/technology/09iht-patent09.html

Tech companies wage patent wars in Germany
Owning the patents that keep electronics like tablet computers and smart phones running is critical for tech companies. German courts are proving the preferred venue for global companies to battle it out.
http://www.dw.de/dw/article/0,,15859226,00.html

Apple founder fears patent war fallout
The man who co-founded Apple ? the world?s most valuable company ? in the garage of Steve Jobs? parents, fears the torrent of intellectual property lawsuits being filed by companies such as Apple, Samsung, Google, HTC and Nokia could prevent future entrepreneurs from treading a path to technology fortune.
http://www.afr.com/p/technology/apple_founder_fears_patent_war_fallout_o0uOy3LCaXqLy255MXpkIP

us: 27 Copyright Troll Cases With Over 3,500 Does Dismissed in Florida?Copyright Troll Lawyer Practicing Without License
In February, we documented how a judge in the Northern District of Florida halted 27 copyright troll cases naming over 3,500 individuals to determine whether the copyright troll lawyer, Tarik Hashmi, initiated the cases while being unlicensed to practice law in Florida.
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/04/27-copyright-troll-cases-over-3500-does-dismissed-florida-copyright-troll-lawyer

**********************
SECURITY
**********************
[...]

PRIVACY
**********************
Google defends privacy policy to European watchdog
Web search giant Google Inc defended its new privacy policy as lawful and cited measures to educate users about it, in a letter sent on Thursday to French data protection regulators investigating its approach.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/04/05/oukin-uk-google-privacy-idUKBRE8340Z920120405

Google Responds to European Questionnaire on Data Protection [IDG]
Google has responded to questions from European privacy regulators about its new privacy policy, but only managed to answer 24 of the 69 questions, according to a copy of the letter published by Google on Thursday.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/253363/google_responds_to_european_questionnaire_on_data_protection.html

Google's Larry Page defends privacy policy in letter
Google's chief executive has marked his first year in the job with a letter setting out his vision for the future.
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17634337

Google defends privacy policy to European watchdog
Web search giant Google Inc defended its new privacy policy as lawful and cited measures to educate users about it, in a letter sent on Thursday to French data protection regulators investigating its approach.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/04/05/oukin-uk-google-privacy-idUKBRE8340Z920120405

How targeted Internet advertising works
The Obama and other presidential campaigns are making use of Internet tracking technology to target ads to voters as they move from campaign Web sites to other sites around the Internet. How it works:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2012/04/06/gIQAecUI0S_graphic.html

us: Survey Finds Widespread Consumer Concerns about Online Privacy
A national survey by Consumer Reports found that most consumers had serious concerns about their online privacy and about the collection and use of their personal data.
http://epic.org/2012/04/survey-finds-widespread-consum.html

April 2012, the State of Do Not Track: Lead Up to Tracking Protecting Working Group Negotiations in Washington, DC
Things are heating up in the Do Not Track campaign. Next week, EFF Technology Projects Director Peter Eckersley will be joining Internet engineers, privacy advocates, and industry groups in Washington, DC for intense negotiations around the future of online tracking. Here?s our overview of the latest developments likely to influence the Do Not Track campaign during the crucial upcoming weeks.
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/04/april-2012-state-do-not-track-lead-tracking-protecting-working-group-negotiations

**********************
CENSORSHIP
**********************
Iran 'blocks' official London 2012 Olympics website
Iran appears to have blocked the official website for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17657450

UK 'exporting surveillance technology to repressive nations'
Britain is exporting surveillance technology to countries run by repressive regimes, sparking fears it is being used to track political dissidents and activists.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/apr/07/surveillance-technology-repressive-regimes

Internet firms urged to prevent online rumors [Xinhua]
The Internet Society of China on Sunday called on the country's Internet companies to strengthen self-discipline and prevent the spread of online rumors.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2012-04/09/content_15000233.htm

China morning round-up: Tackling 'internet rumours'
An appeal by a Chinese internet agency to tackle "internet rumours" is widely discussed in Monday's newspapers.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-17655312

us: Draconian cyber security bill could lead to Internet surveillance and censorship
Reporters Without Borders is deeply concerned with the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011 (CISPA), the cyber security bill now before the US Congress.
http://en.rsf.org/etats-unis-draconian-cyber-security-bill-06-04-2012,42283.html

Why The New 'Cyber Intelligence Sharing And Protection Act' Is Cause For Concern
SOPA may be dead, but its spiritual successors promise to haunt the internet for years to come. Indeed, it?s not a matter of ?if? but ?when? new laws make their way from the entertainment lobby to our elected officials? desks and on to a vote in Congress.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/04/09/why-the-new-cyber-intelligence-sharing-and-protection-act-is-cause-for-concern/

**************************
GOVERNMENT & PUBLIC POLICY
**************************
Google 'operates a magic roundabout' of tax avoidance in Britain, says Tory MP
Google has been accused in Parliament of operating a ?magic roundabout? of tax avoidance which allows it to turn a ?massive profit into a tax loss?.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/budget/9163750/Budget-2012-Google-operates-a-magic-roundabout-of-tax-avoidance-in-Britain-says-Tory-MP.html

Amazon: ?7bn sales, no UK corporation tax
Amazon.co.uk, Britain's biggest online retailer, generated sales of more than ?3.3bn in the country last year but paid no corporation tax on any of the profits from that income ? and is under investigation by the UK tax authorities.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/apr/04/amazon-british-operation-corporation-tax

How one word change lets Amazon pays less tax on its UK activities
It would have taken the most eagle-eyed reader to spot the introduction of a single, but hugely significant, word into Amazon.co.uk Limited's annual accounts in 2006. For the first time, the word "fulfilment" was introduced into the description of the company's activities. What would not have been apparent was that this single word marked a new role for Britain under the new ownership in Luxembourg.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/apr/04/amazon-fulfilment-less-tax-uk-activities

How Amazon finds tax loopholes
Amazon's founder, Jeff Bezos, has always taken a keen interest in tax planning. From the beginning, loopholes were a key part of Amazon's ability to undercut rivals on price. When setting up the company, Bezos even considered basing it on an American Indian reservation near San Francisco to exploit state tax loopholes.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/apr/04/amazon-tax-loopholes-us

uk: We need online snooping, say police
Senior police officers have warned of a "gap in the armoury" if plans for greater internet surveillance are dropped following an outcry over a proposal to monitor the online activity of everyone in Britain.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/we-need-online-snooping-say-police-7622266.html

uk: Spies, lies and the internet: Plans to extend surveillance and secrecy are causing alarm within the coalition and outside it
For a government allegedly keen on constraining the state and advocating greater transparency, the coalition has some big ideas about electronic surveillance?and an appetite for what critics are calling ?secret justice? in court cases. On two fronts, it has become embroiled in clashes about the balance between liberty and security.
http://www.economist.com/node/21552270

uk: Senior Lib Dem threatens to block surveillance plans
The coalition partners appear to be on a collision course over government plans to give the security services new access to internet data after the Liberal Democrat president said his party was prepared to "kill" any moves towards universal surveillance.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/apr/08/senior-lib-dem-surveillance-plans

uk: Opinion: 'Civil liberties? They're safe.' And if you believe that...
On the evening of Tuesday, 5 July 2005, I attended an invitation-only seminar at the London School of Economics. Those attending included academics, some experienced journalists, senior officers from the Metropolitan Police's counter-terrorism command and the security services and officials from the Home and Foreign and Commonwealth Offices. The purpose of the seminar was to discuss the difficulties that arise in media coverage of security issues.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/apr/08/civil-liberties-surveillance-security

nz: New privacy laws not safe enough, say pundits
Some possible safeguards have been left out in proposed legislation under which private companies could get access to taxpayers' personal information.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/6713930/New-privacy-laws-not-safe-enough-say-pundits

Business groups press India on technology plan
Global business groups urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday to rescind new government rules for technology purchases that they said unfairly discriminate against foreign firms and potentially violate World Trade Organization rules.
http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/04/09/usa-india-trade-manmohansingh-pma-idINDEE8380DE20120409

**********************
MISCELLANEOUS
**********************
For Google, All Eyes on 'Costs Per Click'
When Google Inc reports earnings on Thursday, many pundits might pick right up where they left off one quarter ago: With concerns about prices advertisers are paying to get attention in the Internet giant's dominant search engine.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304072004577327663334421188.html

InternetNZ funds more Christchurch rebuild projects
InternetNZ - the non-profit organisation that generates around $7 million a year from administering and wholesaling .co.nz web addresses - has awarded more than $370,000 of grants funding in a fresh Christchurch Funding Round.
http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/internetnz-funds-more-christchurch-rebuild-projects-ck-115794

Britain's economy will thrive if computing becomes child's play by Google's CEO Eric Schmidt
I read last week's Observer New Review ("We need to teach our kids to code") with interest and admiration. In Britain, the debate about the teaching of computer science in schools is moving fast and in the right direction.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/apr/08/eric-schmidt-improve-computer-education

AOL Strikes $1.1 Billion Patent Deal With Microsoft
AOL agreed on Monday to sell a portfolio of over 800 patents, and license about 300 more, to Microsoft for $1.056 billion, amid an arms race within the technology industry over intellectual property.
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/04/09/aol-strikes-1-1-billion-patent-deal-with-microsoft/

Microsoft?s AOL Deal Intensifies Patent Wars
The global gold rush in technology patents gained speed on Monday when Microsoft agreed to pay more than $1 billion for 800 patents held by AOL.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/10/technology/microsoft-to-buy-aol-patents-for-more-than-1-billion.html

Microsoft buys and licenses AOL patents in $1bn deal
Microsoft is buying the majority of AOL's patents in a deal worth $1.06bn. A statement said the agreement covers the intellectual property rights to more than 800 innovations.
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17657205

Attention Marc Andreessen: Microsoft Just Bought (Part of) Netscape
Here?s a deal that would have made many minds explode back in the 1990s: Microsoft is buying Netscape. Or at least most of the important parts of the company that used to be synonymous with ?Internet.?
http://allthingsd.com/20120409/attention-marc-andreessen-microsoft-just-bought-part-of-netscape/

Procure secure: ENISA?s new guide for monitoring cloud computing contracts [news release]
Procurement of cloud computing services is an increasingly important task for governments and businesses across the EU - and information security is a key pain-point.
http://www.enisa.europa.eu/media/press-releases/procure-secure-enisa2019s-new-guide-for-monitoring-cloud-computing-contracts

**********************
TELECOMMUNICATIONS
**********************
European Commission warns against slow take up of ultra-fast Internet
The European Commission renewed its warning against the ?moderate? migration from copper to fibre in telecoms networks, as markets expect EU long-awaited guidelines on how to foster investment in so-called Next Generation Access to ultra-fast Internet.
http://www.euractiv.com/infosociety/commission-warns-slow-take-ultra-fast-internet-news-511949
http://www.broadband-europe.eu/Pages/NewsDetail.aspx?ItemID=1000

NZ Govt na?ve about Huawei ? security insider details Beijing experience
Huawei operates ?hand-in-glove? with the Chinese government and its military-heavy surveillance apparatus, according to a leading NZ tech entrepreneur who had rare opportunity to observe the company at close quarters.
http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/govt-naive-about-huawei-?-security-insider-details-beijing-experience-ck-115894

(c) David Goldstein 2012

------
David Goldstein

 email: david at goldsteinreport.com

 web:   http://goldsteinreport.com/
         http://davidgoldstein.tel/
 phone: +61 418 228 605 - mobile; +61 2 9665 5773 - office/home

"Every time you use fossil fuels, you're adding to the problem. Every time you forgo fossil fuels, you're being part of the solution" - Dr Tim Flannery