[DNS] Should this list continue to exist?

From: Jon Lawrence <jon>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 23:00:26 +1100 (EST)
I think there is value in maintaining this list, presuming it's not taking money out of Kim's pocket (I'm sure we could crowd-fund the hosting costs if we had to - I'd certainly be happy to chip in).

At present, it's only really used by David Goldstein with his DNS news updates and people like me that like to vent about domain name issues from time to time.

But, as Sean notes, if/when a controversial issue kicks off (second-level registrations, anyone?), I'm sure it will quickly become very active again, and I think having a forum that is independent of auDA is potentially quite valuable. I realise there are other lists and forums that arguably cover .au issues, but I suspect none of them are as comprehensive as this one (the fact that this list has been very quiet for some time, I presume means most people haven't unsubscribed).

With regard to David's excellent DNS news updates, I've always felt that these should be an auDA member benefit, so I think should be sent out using the auDA members mailing list. Doing that might encourage a few new members, and I think these updates are worth well more than the $22 annual membership fee anyway...

Anyway, here's something I was about to post to the list:
NZ: Final policies approved for .nz registrations at the second level
http://dnc.org.nz/final-policies-nz-registrations-second-level?m=309

They're also discussing changing their flag. Meanwhile, we're reintroducing knighthoods...

cheers
jon