Re: DNS: URGENT - We must take a stand against Melbourne IT

From: Ultimate Future List Server <uf§mis.DIALix.oz.au>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1996 19:53:30 +1100
 >I still have not seen any justification of this cost of $125. I do
 >not see it as value for money, especially since I will be unlikely to change
 >any details of my registration within the next year. But since we are in an
 >effective monopoly situaltion, I suppose I have to wear it, or find another
 >domain.

Until M. IT or a (currently non-existant) competitor provide an equivalent
service and price to the Internic, this will be my procedure with all new
domain name registrations in future:

 o Apply within an offshore domain or a TLD (eg .com)
 o Have my application processed same day (fastest so far 3.5 minutes)
 o Pay only $50 US / yr
 o Not pay for up to 3 months _after_ registration
 o Finally, send email to Melb IT saying 'you just lost another one'

Jonathan Oxer

|  Jonathan Oxer      oxerj&#167;melbourne.dialix.oz.au |
|             http://mis.simplenet.com             |
|   PO Box 170 / 28-32 Ridge Rd Kalorama Vic 3766  |
|  MIS Web Services: professional WWW development  |
|  Voice: 61 3 9761 8244      Fax: 61 3 9761 8233  |