DNS: Re: INET: Proposed BIZ.AU Registry

From: Roland Turner <raz§arrakis.com.au>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 1996 17:04:14 +1100
Michael Malone wrote:

> > 2. Competition/disaster. The introduction of competition into the
> > maintenance of a single namespace is an excellent idea and deserves to
> > be protected. Certainly offering protection to clients of one
> > organisation should disaster befall the other is appropriate, but it
> > would be desirable for a facility whereby another organisation could
> > become competitively involved should should a disaster occur (or,
> > perhaps, if either of iiNet or Internode acquires the other) during the
> > initial 18 month period. Regrettably I don't have a complete proposal
> > for how this might be achieved.
>
> Neither did Simon or myself. One possibility is to simply
> say that Robert (or a commercially independant organisation
> such as AUUG?) will delegate another authority within eight
> weeks of any registry disappearing or being consumed?

That was pretty much where I got to after posting my earlier message.
Given that ISOC-AU is named as the body to appoint an expert for dispute
resolution, perhaps the same body is appropriate for this purpose.

--

      - Raz

"It often upsets a man's God fantasies to have   (Misquoted? from     )
someone shoot down one of his helicopters."      (Ben Elton's "Stark" )