Re: DNS: The plight of the uninformed

From: Wilson Fletcher <mgpl1§zeta.org.au>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 09:47:30 +1100 (EST)
Where does it leave them in deed. I think I have mentioned numerous times
that our company has received no notice from Melbourne IT regarding
requirements, deadline dates etc.

As far as I am concerned it is irrelevant what ISP we use. I applied for
the domain name registration myself (ie. I faxed off the application and
made enquiries about it). Our ISP handled the delegation to his server
but that is another matter.

We applied for a name and it was granted. I'm not sure of the full
details of what Mr Elz has granted Melbourne IT but as far as we know we
have NO CONTRACT with Melbourne IT and expect that they will leave our
domain name alone.

The only response I have heard from Melbourne IT's ceo is that it is nice
to get some rational responses from time to time.

Let me spell it out. We expect that our company be contacted by Melbourne
IT if we have any obligations to them.

Wilson Fletcher
(wilson&#167;mclachlan.com.au)