Re: DNS: ADNA Memoranda & Articles

From: Geoff Huston <gih§telstra.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 08:45:23 +1000
Well lets develop your percentage of charges suggestion,
and take the starting premise that some body were prepared
to operate a com.au registry for free.

Would the ADNA concept survive? I can't see how.

So, on the other hand,  is it reaonsable to charge every DNA?
Again no. There are a number of DNAs, including myself, who
would not participate in a structure which levied fees for
a voluntary effort which is operating well without end consumer
charges and see no reason to change that.

I get back to my original conclusion a weeks ago - the ADNA
concept looks broken to me.

Thanks,

    Geoff

--
Geoff Huston                   gih&#167;telstra.net
Network Technical Manager      +61 6 208 1908