Re: DNS: DNA Code of Practice draft #3

From: Leni Mayo <leni§ais.com.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 16:26:08 +1000
Glen Turner wrote:
> I strongly suggest that the proposal be limited to the
> commercial domains.

I almost agree.  A Code of Practice isn't necessarily needed when a
domain has a "commercial" registrants or even whether fees are being
charged for registration.  It's only relevant when the registrant and
the DNA(s) aren't previously related parties.  In csiro.au and (I'd
imagine) .gov.au, registrants are related to the domain so as you
correctly point out, a generalized Code of Practice doesn't work very
well.

Certainly, most of the registrants in .com.au and .net.au aren't related
to the DNAs.

Leni.