DNS: Re: DNA Selection Criteria V3.1

From: Peter Gerrand <ceo§MelbourneIT.com.au>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 10:40:19 +1000
At 18:52 4/08/97 EDT, mark.hughes&#167;ccamatil.com wrote:

>My suggestion is that we produce one policy statement
>per 2LD that ADNA has an interest in - so for now .com.au.
>...The policy statement for .com.au might look a bit as follows:
> ADNA .COM.AU DOMAIN POLICY STATEMENT

Mark
I need to reiterate my earlier statement that Melbourne IT insists on fair
and equable treatment by ADNA in developing policies for commercial DNAs.
We will not accept the introduction of multiple DNAs in com.au alone (as
distinct from multiple DNAs in all relevant commercial 2LDs), and
especially not in the absence of any policy that will simultaneously grow
the .au market by introducing additional 2LDs in response to customer needs.
Just because we are the only commercial DNA currently working within ADNA
to create a stable framework for the industry, does not mean that we are
prepared to accept 'lowest common factor' policies that target com.au
simply because other DNAs are yet to co-operate.
Secondly, concerning the detail of your recommendations, I point out that
Melbourne IT has a five-year contract as DNA for com.au, and we are not
prepared to forgo this agreement without adequate financial compensation.

Peter Gerrand
CEO, Melbourne IT