Re: DNS: Re: DNA Selection Criteria V3.1

From: Simon Hackett <simon§internode.com.au>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 09:41:00 -0400
>Secondly, concerning the detail of your recommendations, I point out that
>Melbourne IT has a five-year contract as DNA for com.au, and we are not
>prepared to forgo this agreement without adequate financial compensation.

Will you post the contract into this mailing list so we can see just what
your situation is? We can't draw up 'rules' (or whatever you want to call
them) for ADNA in a situation where you are expecting us to 'grandfather'
your contractual privileges in, without knowing what they are!

Who signed the contract with Melbourne IT?

Does the contract guarantee you a specific level of income over that 5 year
period? If not, where would the basis be for argument?

Making an exception in terms of your duration of tennancy (minimum of 5
years) doesn't sound especially onerous, but is there something else you're
asking for here that's implicit in that desire for potential fiancial
compensation?

I would have assumed that setting aside that existing contract would have
been an outcome of your participation in the ADNA process (providing it's
successful in defining a level playing field) - am I incorrect in that
assumption? Again the point is this: If you expect Melbourne IT to have a
veto over specific things due to existing contractual agreements, you
really need to disclose the detail of that contract.

Simon
---
Simon Hackett, Technical Director, Internode Systems Pty Ltd
31 York St [PO Box 284, Rundle Mall], Adelaide, SA 5000 Australia
Email: simon&#167;internode.com.au  Web: http://www.on.net
Phone: +61-8-8223-2999          Fax: +61-8-8223-1777