Re: DNS: Don Heath proposes using the $50mil NSF pool to fund IAHC

From: Kim Davies <kim§ii.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 15:41:14 +0800
Quoting ramin:
| regards from MelbIT.  i still cant get www.consult.com.au. and before
| anyone jumps down my throat with "the word is in the dictionary" stuff,
| i recommend we look at just the ISP names in the dictionary.

The dictionary policy hasn't always existed. Have you tried
registering wwwconsult.com.au? It seems to me to be the
most appropriate domain for your company.

I do agree this stagnation of the domain issue is not a good
sign. Melbourne IT pushed back it's deletion of historical
com.au domains due to that controversy at the start of the
year, but according to

   http://www.melbourneit.com.au/com_au/renewals/contents/\
   renewals-update.html

those domains that weren't paid for by yesterday now have 21
days before their air supply is cut.

Hello, ADNA?

kim
--