Re: DNS: Problems with .com.au, .net.au .org.au approvals

From: Chris Kakris <christos§dynamic.net.au>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:35:57 +1100 (EST)
>  call me a purist. call me oldfashioned. .au.com is backwards.
>  and not just on paper or screen.

I agree.

But what do you tell your client, Business Education and Resources
Services, that there is a company called Business Education and Research
Services that has already registered bears.com.au?  Do you say "Bad luck I
can't help you"?

What do you tell your client, Polarity Consultants, that MelbourneIT
turned down their request for polarity.com.au?  Do you say "Sorry but
those are the rules"?

I try and offer them alternatives.  I always suggest .com.  I try .net.au
as well.  Maybe some of them would be happy with .au.com.  That is their
decision.  Let the market decide.

Chris

Dynamic Solutions Pty Ltd          http://www.dynamic.net.au
414 Gilbert Road                   christos&#167;dynamic.net.au
Preston, Victoria 3072             61 3 94718224 - voice
Australia                          61 3 94711622 - fax