Re: DNS: DNS

From: Michael Malone <mmalone§creole.iinet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 12:00:25 +0800
> AURSC is a NON Profit organisation, however I can't become a member to ADNA
> because AURSC is funded by profit making companies.  There for it has a bias.

That doesn't make sense.  All of the non profit associations in ADNA
are funded by profit making companies.

> >3.  No support for a model that allows hundreds
> >    of registrars to compete on price and service.
> >    That would leave the policy folks vastly outnumbered.
>
> They don't want HUNDREDS of Registrars. They want a select few.

Eh?  Many of the board members are pushing for many registrars.
Certainly, I think the true necessities for being a registry
are so minimal as to be laughable, and the conditions proposed
by ADNA are excessive.

> not EVERY can participate because there will be people who will waste time.

Very true.

MM