Re: DNS: DNS

From: Adam Todd <at§ah.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 00:34:13 +1100
>> AURSC is a NON Profit organisation, however I can't become a member to ADNA
>> because AURSC is funded by profit making companies.  There for it has a
bias.

>That doesn't make sense.  All of the non profit associations in ADNA
>are funded by profit making companies.

And is clealry why I could not ethically consider a position in the ADNA
board with it's MOA.  AURSC does not state that the members have to be from
NON PROFIT organisations.  THat's impossible.

The MEMBER is a natural person, not a Company Representative.  Fine the
person might bring with them the "Non Profit Group" but in terms of the
person, can you prove this?

>> They don't want HUNDREDS of Registrars. They want a select few.
>
>Eh?  Many of the board members are pushing for many registrars.
>Certainly, I think the true necessities for being a registry
>are so minimal as to be laughable, and the conditions proposed
>by ADNA are excessive.

Well that's certainly a statement worth making.  You just won a few points
from my side of the fence.

The conditions posed by IAHC are much in the same category.

>> not EVERY can participate because there will be people who will waste time.
>
>Very true.

Glad we agree on that too.  I currently don't see anyone involved I belive
would "waste" time, as they are too busy with their Commercial Internet
Interests.  :)

      The world operates 24 hours a day ... so do the servers.
The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convery Member
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
						   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net
AU Root Server Confederation              http://aursc.ah.net
AU Internet News  mailto:internet-request&#167;ah.net  with "subscribe"