Re: DNS: Suggested ADNA Board Members

From: Geoff Huston <gih§telstra.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 16:43:07 +1100
ISOC-AU does see itself as having a role in advocating the position
of the Internet user, and, perhaps more deeply, in advocating a position
which attempts to place such critical components of the Internet
infrastructure on a stable and fair footing. We see the DNS space
as a public good and stewardship of this resource should certainly
reflect this public role.

ISOC-AU has been talking to ADNA for many months now over
these issues, and the dialogue continues.

The activity on this list over the composition of ADNA and its
role is certainly better than complete silence, and while I may
not totally agree _personally_ with some of the comments
and directions espoused in this thread over recent days,
that is a minor matter. Discussion of the issues, and a constructive attempt to
make this operate efficently and effectively as a public resource
is of course a Good Thing.

Thanks,

 Geoff Huston